Friday, June 20, 2008

New Belly with the New Camera

HELLO!!!!! I was shocked when I looked a this!! I see myself every day, but not from a ways back. 33 weeks and bustin' out! It really does look like I shoved a beach ball in my shirt.
The most exciting thing though is that this picture was taken by my new camera.
I have been yearning for a Nikon D40 Digital SLR camera for 47 eons, and since becoming pregnant, well.........I've been incorrigible.
I MUST do you hear me, MUST be able to take beautiful, up close and personal shots of our child without the use of a flash. I realize I could do this with any point and shoot, but you cannot rationalize with a pregnant person.
I REQUIRE that the Grandparents homes be littered with ridiculous photos of their grandchild's toes and eyelashes, in both color and black and white.....
But I digress.....

My husband, who you all know is my favorite person, told me today, "I want to go get you that camera, you've wanted it a long time and I know you'll use it every day."
I don't think he stopped to realize that never again would he make eye contact with me, unless through the lens.
I've already taken 57 pictures of him.
I snapped these few shots using only my very minimal amount of photography knowledge within 22 seconds of getting the battery charged.
They are not in any way "pro-grade" but I think they still are lots of fun.


And, of course, when Tim is not around I have my most favorite subject, Pisty.
Gunner is pretty sure the camera is a beacon of crisis and should therefore be ran from immediately. Pisty is sure that she is a super model and is more than happy to strike a pose any time.
What a ham.





1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a fun blessing cousin! Can't wait to share in the joys with you when my day comes. And can't wait to see all those adorable close ups of your little one.
Love, Sarah