Sunday, October 12, 2008

9 Weeks-ish

"Oi! Have you ever seen such a sweet face on a bubulah?"
$10.00 prize to whomever can tell us what this face means.
And what I get to do once she stops making this face and smiles at me.

SUCCESS!!!
Never has one Momma been so happy to see her baby finally get latched on to something not attached to my body and fall asleep. This has now evolved to her first 2 fingers.
Spare me the lectures about this, she has never taken a "binky" and we have listened to her cry herself to sleep for 9 weeks. I'll never regret this, NEVER!!
(Until the Orthodontist bills us.)


Noodle at her nightly piano concert.
Daddy was omitted from this photo due to his lack of apparel.
See how intently she stares. She watches his fingers dance across the ivories with such interest. I can only hope my highest hope she got some of the musical talent in her chromosome cocktail.
Lord knows it won't be coming from me. I just supplied her with that sweet face, thank you very much. And maybe the high pitched shriek.....oops....


She is so strong. She is about a month ahead on milestones.
She had her 2 month well baby, her stats are as follows:
Length: 24 Inches - 95th Percentile
Weight: 11 Pounds - 50th Percentile
Head Circumference: 14 Inches - 40th Percentile
What does it all mean?
She is already tall and skinny with a wee noggin*. Just like Daddy.
*Authors note: The fact that they have small heads does in no way relate to their mental capacity. I can attest in both their cases.





4 comments:

Sarah said...

Way to go Violet! Such a little smartie pants! And I'm sure you're very happy about her sucking on her fingers and no more crying. Sawyer has been doing great now that we have him in his swing all the time. He only cries for about 5 minutes max and then he's off to dream land. I'm just sure all his wailing was from reflux when laying flat, makes me feel bad, but on we go.

Anonymous said...

That face... that face... it looks familiar... I think that is the "Baby in a Rage" face and that she just needs a little attention!?! Did I win?

Sarah said...

I just had to make a guess after Kimmy's guess. I'm thinking a poo face, but maybe the tail end of it, cause Sawyer's if VERY obvious.

Anonymous said...

I too have a small head and am quite the genius I must say. I think we would fall over if your heads were any bigger. He he! Anyway, I loved the photos as always. I can't wait to see you guys soon. I forgot the clothes from Sarah, so my mom will have to get them when she goes up there in a few weeks.
Talk soon!
p.s. keep up the sucking Violet!