Monday, January 19, 2009

Baby Love

This is Brandon. He belongs to our good friends, Brett and Julie. He is their second son. Mostly he a so stinking cute....and mellow. I'm so jealous. I want a son, a mellow son, with a fuzzy head. I wonder how often they leave him unattended, with all his clothes and things laying in large box next to him.
This is Violet checking him out. He is 5 weeks older than her, and as of this particular day Violet had not sat alone for longer than a few seconds. Then she saw Brandon sit, and that was it. She sits all alone now, though she still has big spills. Not that I would know anything about how that happens, I mean, sometimes you forget to move the plastic bowl she was banging on last night when you go get your cup of coffee. Sometimes there is a topple, loud thump, and a wail. Hey, I hadn't yet had my coffee......like that'll hold water in court. Good thing she can't yet call the authorities on me, or worse yet, Grammy.

This is Violet thinking about taking that toy right out of Brandon's possession. She is such a first born. Competitive, bossy and sassy. I wish I were a first born, then maybe I'd have some sort of excuse for why I'm that way too. I'm an Aries, does that count?



Oh my. If I had 3 hours and a no witnesses, I'd kiss these two until their cheeks were pink and they each had a bald patch on top of their heads. Then I'd go buy a tube of Chapstick for my lips.
Yes, that is how to spend a Saturday afternoon.
If this doesn't send your ovaries into hyper drive then you must not have ovaries, or you have a house full of screaming kids. Then you are immune to babies.


Is this the baby equivalent to grown up pie eating contests?
How much toy can we cram in our mouths.



Love at first coo.







1 comment:

Sarah said...

good to see you back in bloggie land! Can't wait for our little play date in February!
Love, Sarah