Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Few Things

My child is trying with all her might to walk. She is also falling 467 times a day.
This means that I have lost 7 pounds, and have realized "baby-proofing" is actually a constant state, not something you do one weekend.
But it is sure fun watching her determination.
I am also working more now than I have since Violet was born.
This means I have lost 3 more pounds, and have 43 seconds to myself every day, since my clients arrive at nap time.
But it is all worth it because when she is up, I am all hers.

Violet cut her first tooth this week. She was very clingy and cranky, and we are so glad that now we know why. This means I have been carrying an 18 pound baby almost everywhere I go, my arms are totally buff, and I think I lost another 2 pounds.
But I secretly love it when she wants to lay on me all day.


I am 99% back to normal after my surgery and the weather is improving, so every chance we get we go outside and walk with Gunner.
This means that I have lost 4 more pounds and am getting a sweet "tan".
There is nothing more exciting than to see your infant squint at the sun and watch the plant and animal life with such rapt attention.
It makes me see the great Creation God gave us with renewed appreciation.




I also owe all of you, my faithful viewers-followers-friends-family-Violet fans-
a public apology, especially L, who depend on this blog for your "fix".
I had told myself I would post regularly to keep you all up on our endeavors and have a place to spew my nonsense, but life gets in the way. I am trying to re-commit to this site and all of you.
This means I will gain back all that weight and my arms will flab back up, but I do love to blog, for you all, and my own personal reasons.
But it is all worth it when I realize how many people care about us, our lives, and Little Miss BabyCakes and Pies.





I also have some to die for adorable shots of Violet standing by the tub in the buff, but since this blog is public, I am not putting them up here. So leave me a comment, and I will e-mail them to you in a few days.

Thank you all for your time....
Hello?....
Is this thing on?.....







3 comments:

windyhot pants said...

It's about time some new pics of that little angel, princess, goddess love bug were on here!! Stop laggin momma!!!
Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love you and your family, Ginger spice!!!! If I am needing a baby violet fix, I know where you live!!!

Love- Salmon

Anonymous said...

About time.... i was going thru withdrawals!!! not that you have a busy life or anything. cant wait to see you guys.love you. L