Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day

For Father's Day we went to the Zoo. It was great to see Violet experience the animals.
It was so cute to see her examine them and say their species and declare that they were "pretty cute"


I have always liked the giraffes, as does Violet.
It's their eyes! SO beautiful and those lashes! If someone ever told me I had eyes like a giraffe I'd likely swoon on the spot!


These were Tapirs.
Unique little guys.
We also saw the elephants, but the moment one of them moved Violet was ready to clear out.


This was some of the local wildlife.
I think he was flirting with me.





This is Tim saying, "Look at that gorilla walking down the hill and towards us!"
Approximately 45 seconds later it got close enough to look Violet in the eyes and she commenced screaming. She is uncertain about eye contact with wild creatures.




We had a great time, though I myself was quite winded.
Hope you all had a wonderful Daddy's Day!







2 comments:

Katie and Oresti said...

We had so much fun seeing you guys and meeting Violet! It was so cool to see Tim as a Dad:) You guys are doing a great job with Violet, she is a sweetheart!
love,
Katie

Amber L. said...

Cute photos. What a cool zoo that is. Do you have the pass?