Friday, November 12, 2010

Stuff N Things

38 Weeks and 1 Day
Before we get too much further I want to say this: My face is swelling, much like the rest of me. My eyes look horrible because I am up for about 2-3 hours every night. Discomfort, followed by hunger, followed by Lil Mister having a party. It's the thing to do between 1 and 4 AM.
Also, in the rest of these pictures you will see our house in disarray. I'm going to pick it up soon. I swear. So if you could please not pay too much attention to these few things, I'd be ever so grateful. Thanks.

Poor Baby Brudder is a seat for Big Sister.
Not that he seems to mind, in fact, he usually takes advantage of these situations to try and give her a kick in the hiney. He may be glad to be a few up on her when he arrives. I guess that it may mean he does mind if he kicks at her, but sibling rivalry can never start too soon.
Right?

Most evenings after dinner we take a little special family time and goof off.
Translation: we try to tire out the toddler before the bedtime routine begins.
I used to be more involved in this, these days it seems I just watch and laugh and occasionally give her a hug and a shake and resume my seated position. She does not care for the fact that I can no longer do Ring Around the Rosie with her and Daddy.
He has made up a few new games to get her mind off of that.
Behold:


Flying. "Like Peter Pan!!!!!" Violet exclaims.
She does this until Tim can no longer lift his arms.
I honestly don't know who sleeps better after these romp sessions. I know it ain't me. *sigh*
As a bit of an update, I managed to lose 2 more pounds, so we had another ultrasound to check on the babe. He is just fine, 7 pounds-ish and measuring around the 21st. I also asked the U/S Tech to measure his foot. It is about 3 1/2 inches long. Yikes!


1 comment:

Amber L. said...

I love the flying Violet pic. I bet she just loves that. I didn't do much kid playing either the last half of my pregnancy. I could barely get up off the floor as it was....as you know. Anyway, soon enough we will meet your little BIG foot. Can't wait. : )