Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Prayer for Help and Healing

This post has nothing to do with my kids, but here are recent pictures for those of you wondering what they look like these days. I am sorry I don't blog too much lately but I plan to do more in the future.
I have been brought back to my blog though to share something with you all. Many of you who are reading this are on my e-mail list so you got my e-mail regarding this, but for those of you who don't know, here is a quick summary of the mail I sent:
When I was growing up in Falcon we had some close family friends. Their Mom watched us during the summers and we all did 4-H together. There were 2 kids, Karah, who is my age and Tim, who is my sister Kimmy's age.We spent tons of time together as kids! They left our school district in high school and we lost touch as tends to happen in life. I recently got back in touch with Karah through Facebook. She lives in Nebraska with her husband, and 5 year old son, Colton, and 3 year old twin daughters, Jadyn and Jordyn. Jadyn was very recently diagnosed with a type of cancer called neuroblastoma. She is trying to keep her family/friends updated through Facebook with her cell phone, but she has mentioned that they need a laptop and are trying to find one to borrow. God put it in my heart to help them out with this. I would love to find a way to get them a small computer, I am thinking an iPad. I know this is a tall order, but I know that we can all make this happen for this family!! If you are interested in donating please contact me. If I am unable to meet my goal, I will simply send the money directly to the family.
Of course, I put my address in the email, but I can't put it here.
Please send me an email at maryann.purpletree@yahoo.com if you would like to help out and of course, Prayer is a priceless gift!!!

And for a quick blurb about us....
The kids are great! Growing and changing every day and just the absolute highlight of our lives!!
Tim is still at his same job and I am still "working" from home. More recently my sister and her husband moved to Michigan for great new jobs and we miss them terribly!!
I hope to post again before 3 months go by (shame on me) and fill you in on more tasty tidbits about the goings on here. Plus, my sister will send me a spanking if I don't. Would that be a spank-a-gram? Dunno, but I bet she will find a way!!

No comments: