Saturday, September 1, 2007

Ahhh......Remodeling

View from the Skincare Room, notice the lovely tile....and the showerhead mounted at 6"10" for Tim(technically it's his bathroom)He also picked the light fixtures which get alot of oohs and ahhs!








This is the after and before from inside the room.





This is the after and before from the Family Room.Jeff took out the wall to the left and raised the ceiling 4".He also re-configured the shower, he made the most of a tiny space!!









We have had the great blessing of being able to completely gut our lower level bathroom this summer. Painful as it was at times, we couldn't be happier with the end product. The whole ordeal was a learning experience and I would like to sincerely thank all of those involved, mainly my brother, Jeff, who handled alot of the beginning stages and is also responsible for the gorgeous tile work.



I also want to say thank-you to those who told me that a bathroom would run twice the time and money as originally planned........it made is less shocking when the time and money tripled!!!



I did have the foresight to snap some pics before demolition, but managed to not get a single shot of the various stages in between. I'm sure that it's o.k. I wouldn't want to scare anyone away from doing a bathroom in their house.



So here it is, the new and lovely, Lower Level Bath/Laundry Room!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

very nice!!! I love everything you picked, very crisp and clean. And every little remodel you can do will up the house value, so way to go sticking it out! See you next weekend!
Love, Sarah

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.