Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Missing From Blogville

Brain and Kim

Tim and his "essence"



So, Yeah......I don't really know where I was off to, but it has been a while!!

These pictures are from a camping trip we took in September with our friends Brian and Kim. We had a blast together, and let me just tell you, they are some hiking fools!!!


But on another semi-related note......
I have a list of blogs in my favorites and I go on periodically to check out what's happening. Every now and then one of my frequent haunts will go dormant and I always think"Oh, I wish they had new stuff." I always assume that the things I blog about are not that interesting, but then again, it isn't to me, it's my life....I'm tuned in every day. But I wonder sometimes if it offers to others what I get from blog visits, a break from our own usual rythm, and a peek to see that other peoples rythms are refreshing. Even at times inspiring.



I have a huge community of Christian based bloggers and when I go on I see if they need prayer or just a kind word left in the comments. I am always amazed that just going on one blog can lead you to pray for a multitude of people, and I think it is fantastic that God can use this mighty web world to still see to His purpose.

And having that been said.......



This picture of Tim had me thinking.. it almost looks like his spirit is leaving his body. Of course it is not, it was due to the "nighttime" setting on the camera and the campfire. Just the same, I think about how our spirits are trapped inside of our bodies and that we have to always stop our bodies from doing the "wrong" things. The funny thing is that we never have to stop our spirits from doing the right things, do we. I wonder how our world would be if we let our spirits lead us more than our flesh does.....

I have found refreshing insight into this very thing in Galatians.

Chapter 5, Verse 22:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Maybe I'll follow my spirit around for awhile.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

We are studying this exact passage in our Mom's for Mom's group. One point that really stuck out to me from a speaker we had is that the fruit comes not by trying to produce it through our own efforts to "be" better, but rather as a by-product of plugging into the source, filling ourselves up if you will with God's presence and Word, not quenching the Holy Spirit. Much like a branch on a vine, we've already been grafted in, but we have to drink from the vine and then "grapes" pop out naturally, no effort required. Being the "doer" that I am, this was a great reminder.