Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Momma's Tears

Violet her first night home in her bassinet.
She seemed so tiny and helpless, probably because we were scared out of our minds.

Now she is turning into the Michelin Baby.
I put away yet another sack of clothes yesterday including *sniff* the outfit she wore home from the hospital. It was green and had little stars on it. It seems like she never could have fit in it.
I cried a bit in her closet there last afternoon, but I wouldn't trade it for all the coos and smiles we get every day now. I just can't believe how fast this is happening, I never thought in 8 short weeks there could already be things I miss about her tiny newness.

(This is where all you Mom's leave me comforting messages to ease my sad little eyes.)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy can I relate. I'm currently going through the same thing with Brandon! Take comfort in knowing that while the days of holding your(tiny then small then big) bundle of baby seem to end too quickly, you have days filled with so many firsts ahead of you. And every one of them will amaze you and fill you with more love than you'd thought possible. :-)

Sarah said...

Just wait until it's your last baby! Sawyer is officially out of the newborn size clothes and it just rips my heart out. But the fact that you are sensing the speed of time now will only help you savor the moments more. There is wisdom in these tears sister, a reminder not to rush but rather to savor every day, every moment. A hug from two hours up the road my friend, I know your pain.
Love, Sarah