I tried so long to capture a smile, this was the best I could do.
Our poor, sweet baby had a terrible time Friday night. She had a trip to the ER.
She had blood in her stool and the Dr office was closed so we went to the hospital. The fear is that blood in the stool can be a symptom of very serious things. Better safe than sorry.
The whole experience was terrifying for all of us, but in the end Tim and I were the more damaged. Never again do I want to hold down my baby while they poke her with needles to draw blood. I have never prayed so much in 3 hours as I did Friday.
Ultimately what we know as of today, after seeing the Pediatrician, is that she had a tummy bug, and was just working through it. We also learned that "NewParentItis" is a very real condition and next time we will wait to see the Dr if she is not showing really severe signs of sickness, all the ER did was beat her up and stress us out. In the end they told us she was fine and to take her to her Dr. We didn't even get a diagnosis, short of them telling us she was not in mortal peril.
So, if you feel inclined to pray for our Noodle, please do. She is still healing from the 2 needle stabs and being catheterized to collect urine. She also is still working through her belly bug, and we just want her back to normal.
Grandpa and Daddy played bluegrass for Noodle while Grandma rocked her.
I was taking advantage of the opportunity to shower.
Afterwards Grandpa topped of her night by playing her some blues on the piano.
But mostly she loves to be snuggled, especially after such a rough night.



1 comment:
Poor little Violet! I'm so sorry she had to go through that! It is tough knowing what to do when its your first. Hope she's feeling better soon.
Katie
Post a Comment