Friday, February 20, 2009

A Visit with Friends

My good friend, Windy, was here visiting from Michigan, where she is a prisoner of snow, wind, ice and all things wintry and unpleasant. I'm sure to some degree, visiting Colorado was like a tropical retreat. She has 2 sons, Ethan, who is 5, and Anderson, who is 19 months.
I intend to go more in depth about the history Windy and I share later.
Right now, I want to point out that I took a photo of 3 children and they are all looking at me and smiling. Even Gunner snuck into the shot, though I think he appears to feel a little sheepish about it. Windy, being the veteran Mom, has mastered the skill all parents learn the first time they have family portraits done. Look at the camera, paste a smile on your face, and let the person behind the camera coax smiles out of the children. Luckily, this herd was very easily amused. Except Gunner, who is seldom amused. Unless there is food. And it's headed towards his mouth.
Violet was quite taken with Ethan.
She watched every move he made with great interest.
We talked him into planting a smooch on Violet for photographic purposes.

He was glad to oblige us, as he was quite taken with the camera.
He was taken with Violet as well.
And Anderson........




He just likes to party.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Windy your boys are darling!! What a fun play date.