Of course, it hasn't taken me long to have to post about my "kids". For right now these two mini-dacshunds are our children, and they sure seem to take a fair amount of work!
I have had Gunner, the black one, for 6 years now, he is our neurotic little boy, but he is smart as a whip, and very feisty. He loves his very special ball and the sound of his own voice, which he uses to alert us of any goings on, such as, visitors, bird invaders or a change in wind direction. He takes his job as our home security system very seriously.
I have had Pisty, the red one, for 3 years now, and she is our little love. She loves everyone, everything and every snack available. She lives for trying to get the squirrels out back to "please,please,please, come down from that tree and play with me" The squirrels however are not so receptive to this idea, but she has unshakable faith that this friendship will one day happen.
I've never had any doubt in my mind as to why the word "dog" is God spelled backwards. These two little blessings are here for a reason, and a life without them would seem lonely, and less quirky. I'm so glad they are still young in dog years and can't wait to see what they try to pull off next.



No comments:
Post a Comment