Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Practice Lawn

"What do you mean I can't go inside like this?"
Sprinkler Party

Happy Hounds


The strangest thing happened last week. We arose Wednesday morning to see about a dozen rolls of sod laying out in the street, partially obstructing our driveway. "Funny", I thought to myself, "whoever lost those will be back soon, that's alot of sod." Come 5:00 or so it was still there....."It would be sad to let that lay there and dry out and be a mess in the street", I said to Gunner(He is very attentive to my verbalized thoughts) So we decided to put the Girls out back and go load the sod into the back of the truck and put it in the back yard. Not that Gunner did much of the manual labor, but he is an amazing supervisor, I think he could definatley be suited to some sort of high level government work. But I digress.....I placed the sod in the back yard and you would have though it was free steak at the park night. The dogs went wild, they were laying in it, frolicking and sniffing, it was great fun. The Girls were romping together and if they romped off the sod patch they would stop and return to the grass. Then I decided to water the newly placed sod and learned that our new Quig loves the water! She ran around the sprinkler and got soaked, biting at the water and twirling in circles. Yes, it was a big day for all of us.



In the end, Quigley had a bath and the grass is now a week old and is still green!!!

No comments: