Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Our 2nd Anniversary

Here is Tim, poised and ready. Bring on the 3 course fondue dinner. Tim loves the Melting Pot. He gets excited about a trip to the Melting Pot weeks in advance. And we usually go for our Anniversary or his Birthday.
Here he is thoroughly enjoying his meal. This is the 2nd course, which is meat. He had already been through the 1st course of cheese, and he was just hitting his stride here. I am telling you, this is one happy man. I also was enjoying, but I only need a few bites of each, plus I had a delicious salad with mangoes and coconut crusted cashews and creamy citrus dressing, so I was just watching the show.

And this is what happens when you eat 2/3 of a pot of cheese fondue with bagels cubes and green apples, followed by roughly 1 1/2 pounds of meat. There was a fillet, some chicken, pork tenderloin and jerk seasoned sirloin. If the jerk steak had not been so spicy Tim would have eaten every piece of meat on the plate. And let's not forget, dessert is still on it's way....


Which is why I go to the Melting Pot. I have a strategy, taste all the offerings, but pace yourself. There is a pot of chocolate here and in order to not hurt anyone's feelings, I like to try at least onepeice of everything on the plate of dippers.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY YOU TWO! Yeah baby, you made it through the two toughest years! We need to partay!

Sarah said...

Happy two years! You look great Maryann, I'm with you on the horizontal stripes thing, when else can you get away with it? You guys are so patient, not finding out the sex and all, I hope you had a great ultrasound yesterday.
Love, Sarah

Anonymous said...

You do clean up nicely Maryann. Tommy and I drove by the Melting Pot Sunday the 16 and almost went in to celebrate our aniversary as well. We ended up going to Luigi's, which was great, and ran into Mini Tim. No joke. You guys have to go sometime. This kid looked so much like Tim it was scary. I almost took a picture to send you. He was lacking in inches, but that was it. Anyway, what a cute belly, and button, you have. I can't wait to see your ultrasound pics. I will be calling you soon for a dinner date, so stand by your phone.
Love ya!
Amber