Monday, March 24, 2008

Ultrasound

Clearly this is not the ultrasound picture, but it does make me think of spring, which seems to be trying to peek into our lives once again. Thank goodness.
I'll spare you the drawn out story of our endeavors to try and get a picture on our computer, but let's say that our computer is an archaic 4 year old and it was not happening.
The ultrasound was great fun, we took our Mom's, and it was amazing for us all. None of us had ever had the experience, it was very fun to share with the Grandma's.
Baby looked good, about 1 pound 1 ounce, and slept through the whole thing with hands in front of face. Despite our wiggles and prodding, Baby only awoke once to give us a look at the face from the front. The profile shots came out the best, and luckily we didn't want to know the sex of our little one because Baby was in a little ball, and as I mentioned, having a nap.
The funniest part was when the Tech said,"Now I'm taking measurements of the femur and humerus................How tall is Dad?" "6 foot 6", we replied.
"mmhmm", she said. Turns out Baby already has long limbs!
We were allowed to spend a little time watching Baby from the profile angle, and we got too see Baby play with hands a little bit, lots of finger wiggling and at one point the index finger went straight up. I guess Baby already knows he/she is #1.
So that's the story, and other than that, nothing much else is happening.
Hope you all had a Glorious Easter!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What fun, Aunt Pam was beaming about it to me in an email! The second 20 weeks seems to go slower as you await meeting your little one face to face, but at the same time, it's so much fun to feel all the movements! I remember many times getting to see a little foot or knee move all the way accross my belly, I love that part of pregnancy the best.
Love you,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your ultrasound went well. It is quite the amazing experience. I'm not surprised the little one is tall. Both my boys measured tall as well, and there dads only 6'1". Anyway, good luck with the remodelling endeaver. Dan just did our bathrooms and it is sooo nice. I was tired of feeling dirty in the place you go to get clean. Take care.
Love,
Amber