2 things.......first of all, after bagging on my poor little bathroom(and exposing it's less than desirable qualities) I wanted you to know our house is not falling down around us, and in fact, we have some very pretty rooms here, this one being my favorite.
And while I was making the bed this morning, I got to thinking about what a good Hubby I have.
First of all if you can see, the wall behind our bed has stripes painted on it, they are beautiful and amazing(not unlike Tim), and they took exactly 500 man hours(or the better part of a holiday weekend) to paint, and Tim, in all his graciousness and patience, helped me. And we all know that 9 out of 10 men would much rather slap on whatever paint they found in the garage and call it a day.
And by the way, he also painted the ceiling, and that my friends, is a job he was built for.
He didn't even put an extension on the roller handle.
He HATES pillows, throw pillows especially.
He can see no value whatsoever in a pillow that sits there with no purpose, only to be tossed on the floor at bedtime. And I confess, they are everywhere in this house, and he still treats them with respect and has never once tried to sneak them out to the can on trash day.
And though you can't tell here, there are 5 regular pillows and 3 throw pillows here.
Ever since getting pregnant I seem to be even MORE attracted to pillows.
I even have a wedge pillow to prop myself up on the floor beside the bed.
Recently we were at Target and I was ogling a body pillow and Tim told me if I brought that home, he was moving out. Even the best of men have their limit.
Now when I was shopping for bedding, I did my very best to try and select something that was not overly feminine, and I think I did a good job, aside from grabbing these throw pillows.
Most of you know by now I have a disorder my brothers long ago deemed:
Shiny Object Syndrome
And it took me here, yes a beautiful sequined pillow, I love this pillow, I smile at this pillow, and I will never tell you if I in fact, have or have not kissed this pillow.
Then there was the lamp debacle.....
Which led to the purchase of these, yes, sequined lamps.
But they are the color of concrete aren't they?
So the long and the short of it is this, my husband has never once said a bad word about this room of stripes wrought through his slavery, never once asked me to pare down the number of pillows on the bed, and not for a second tried to pick the sequins off the lamps.
In fact, when I clean up the room(better known as laundry day) and make the bed, he raves about what a nice room we have.
Tell me I don't have a great man here.



3 comments:
gorgeous, just gorgeous! And way to brag on your husband, doesn't that feel good! Good job Tim, keep it up! Having a baby will only test your selflessness more, so you're on a great path. I can't wait to show off the girls room when I get it finished!
Love, Sarah
Thanks for all the kind words Dear, but I really don't deserve them. You put up with so much more than I do.
You do have a very lovely room Maryann. And not too girly. Its kind of hard not to put at least a few frilly items in there. I too have a shiny decorative pillow in our room. Also a lamp with beads. Our bathroom has purple rugs, but I figure I am a rose among thorns, so darn it I want pretty. Tommy never complains. I really think he could care less. Anyway, just wait until you have that little girl. He he! Tim's office won't know what hit it. : )
Love, Amber
Post a Comment