Monday, June 2, 2008

Never a Dull Moment


Things are just cruising right along over here these days. Tim has spent yet another weekend busting his hiney here to get the house ready for baby. But don't worry, I feed him regularly and he was able to squeeze in a motorcycle ride with his cousin Josh.

We (I) never really thought the house we currently live in is exactly suitable for children, but as most everyone knows, the housing market is "less than desirable" and add to that the old adage: "If you wait till you're 'ready' for kids, you'll never have them".....and you have the equation for our current situation. But what I must say about this is that I have been repeatedly and pleasantly surprised at how we (Tim) have made it work out.

After he remodeled the garage, he was able to move all of his "man equipment" out there, and he is happy as a clam. He loves to go out there and turn on a movie and work on his motorcycles. He also has friends over and they play video games till late, and the best part is, I'm none the wiser since I can't even hear it.

Now he has relocated our "office" to the lower level of the house, which is great since my business is down there already. Baby's room is finally ready for a baby. We still have some little odds and ends to deal with, but overall, we still have all of our necessities and enough room to add a new tiny person.

You really can make any situation work, when you have a plan, and a typed schedule, and a motivated husband.......and Mountain Dew.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I knew you could do it! Now we can just pray the housing market picks up before number two comes along right. But even then, you could make it work. Can't wait for your shower this weekend, to spoil you!
Love, Sarah