Monday, July 6, 2009

Instead of Work

It is currently 9:15 pm on a Monday night and my bed doesn't have sheets on it.
Tim just got over a horrible cold and so I stripped our bed and gave it the "treatment".Vacuuming, extreme airing out, washing of the mattress cover, the usual.
I should be up making it so we can get in it and sleep, but I started looking at pictures and realized how much I like the shots my husband gets.
From 6'6" off the ground, perspective is different, and the above picture is a fabulous example.
Also, one should feel compelled to stop and really enjoy Violet's toes in this shot.
Cute enough to eat, I'd say.
There is also a nagging mess in the kitchen that may ultimately require the local Haz-Mat team. Between my innate clumsiness, Violet's desire to share a third of all her meals with her dog, Gunner, and said dogs' desire to play with rocks in a mudhole........it ain't pretty.
Tim recently got me some photo editing software and I now have the Power of Grayskull, or just the ability to tweak my colors and contrast, which is still empowering.
I think I still need a big green tiger to feel whole as a woman though.

We had a great display of fireworks here for the 4th after Violet went down.
We only did 5 fountains, seriously, only 5. We were still just as amused as we would have been at the feet of Lady Liberty. Having children makes you that way. Hot meals, naps, 5 fountains on the 4th, these all become elusive and sought after mirages in your daily life.
The spent carcasses of those glorious symbols of our entertainment are still laying out in the yard. I swear I'm going to get out there and pick them up, soonish.


Yet another example of Tim's shots. Only he could get this close to the top of the flag on our house. It rained off and on the day of the 4th. Tim was in and out, tending to Old Glory to keep her dry. I then tended to her with the color saturation feature of my new software.
All while my piles of laundry taunt me with their collective smelliness and grime. Good thing I don't really scare easily.



My sister took this picture last week.
I can see at least 15 things about this shot I love, but the collective whole.......sigh.
You know how every so often in life you realize that you will never forget a certain moment you are experiencing? This picture is like that to me. I know that every time I look at it, I will get that felling of being in a moment I will never forget.





I seem to be running low on things to say, at last.
I am now off to check my sleeping angel, make my bed, check my angel one last time, and then climb into bed and kiss my husband goodnight.
I hope you are all about to experience a moment you will never forget, and that your housework is not haunting you while you do it. I know mine won't.





2 comments:

Aunt Melanie said...

I do think you should write a book and illustrate it with your pics!!

Anonymous said...

Well said Maryann, and great pictures. Looks like you guys had a fun day.