Sunday, November 8, 2009

Eyes...Take Two

Toenail polish. Hours of entertainment.
First of all, let me say this.

My daughter is growing up WAY too fast. She loves to wear these beads, every day, with every outfit, and even in the tub. She has become obsessed with all things pretty, such as my earrings and painted toenails. I put my earrings over top of her ears, and she runs around swinging her head back and forth exclaiming: "Pid-dee!!"

When I painted her toenails a sparkly lilac color for the first time, she couldn't take more than three steps without having to crouch down and examine them with glee.
I had to get a pair of socks so she could eat her lunch.
But back too those eyes.
When I asked for opinions on the mysterious color of my child's eyes, I received 5 different answers. This led me to Internet research, which by the way, is how I seem to conduct my entire life these days. But I digress.
I learned that there are actually more recognized colors of eyes than the standard brown, blue, hazel, and green. There is now also, gray, red, violet and amber. Amber itself as a color has two different "flavors", those that are yellow/golden and those that are russet/coppery.
Moreover, pupils now come in two varieties, black and brown.
So there is your 30 second tutorial on eyes.
In the end, ironically, it was Tim's cousin Amber who had the closest description:
"Golden brown is my vote."
I have determined that Violet's eyes are amber, the golden variety.
And ever since I found this out, not a single soul has inquired about her eyes.
Go figure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well way to go me. She really does have very pretty eyes. Does she bat her lashes on que?

Unknown said...

Oh my, look out - a "high maintenance" woman!!! What an adorable little girl!!

Sarah said...

Amber...PERFECT color description! Such a beautiful little girly thing, I love her need to accessorize!