To the neighborhood cats running loose, this is a huge restroom.
The first time I made this discovery I cleaned it all up, put it in a bucket, walked it to my neighbors house, and dumped it all in their yard. While they were home. And the blinds were open. I was mad, I internally dared them to come out and say something to me. After all, I had seen their cat in my back yard, and in the street, and everywhere else.
There are 2 moral dilemmas at work here:
I have come to realize that there are 2 cats frequenting my yard, both the same very obvious breed, but one is much fuzzier, and runs a different direction when I catch him or her.
I feel bad for my emotional/motherly/hormonal rampage that resulted in polluting my neighbors yard with what may or may not have come from their cat.
Should I go apologize? Bring cookies? Tell them that not only are they to blame, but so is another mystery cat owner?
I am also at a loss about what to do with these cats.
I went online to read about ideas to keep cats away:
keep the soil(gravel) moist, put down chicken wire, lemon oil......
I have done these things in succession with no luck.
I am currently yelling at them or firing a BB gun in their general direction. Not at them.
I am ready to trap them and take them to the Humane Society. But is that too extreme?
On to the next issue:
Now, I realize keeping several squirrels around is not going to help with the aforementioned feline situation.
Should I stop feeding them? Is it wrong to feed wildlife in general?
I'm just so unsure of my place in this world these days.
Next issue:
Next issue:
Just kidding.
She can't have one until she pays for it, or I win the Lottery, or she goes to kindergarten. We'll see how it goes.
She thinks everything is a cell phone and babbles away. This here is a baby monitor.
But here is the problem with this cuteness, and the fact that I was taking pictures of it:
At the time I didn't even know she could get on the couch by herself, let alone the table.
Do you photograph your kids when they are doing something not only naughty, but unsafe?
I do. Way more that I should.
Moving on.....
Moving on.....
Or "TTTEEEE!!!" as Violet calls it.
How much TV do your kids watch? Do they insist on being in your bed to do it?
This only happens on busy or sicky days, but I can see now my child wants to try and make this a daily occurrence. And so begins our battle of wills.
Help me. I feel so lost without you.
I'll be watching TV while I wait for your guidance.



5 comments:
heres my un-professional advice....tell the neighbor you are tired of the cats leaving tootsie rolls in your yard and you will call the humabe society and report them as strays if they do it again. or strap food on them and let big daddy chase them down for the food.
V is an angel...as long as she isnt asking to watch r rated stuff...lay down with her, snuggle up and watch right alongside. sing the songs and do the dances...teach her to say things like: shake what your mama gave you! and so on....
Salmon
Start aiming the BB Gun at the cats. It will just sting long enough to leave a lasting mental impression :) I'm a cat lover, but also know they are persistant, entitled little creatures who need rather obvious "hints" about proper behavior. Good luck! What a horrible thing to deal with!
I am DYING laughing at little Miss sitting on the table!!!! I LOVE IT!! Ok, ready for my advice??
You are going to have to get over the fact that cats crap in the play area. We have the same problem with random strays and it is just on of those things you can do NOTHING about!! About the squirrels, dude STOP FEEDING THEM!!! Why would you start!!!!! Bad maryann!!!!! Did you think I forgot about you? I will NEVER forget about you!
Oh no. So sorry about the cats. How stressful. The only thing I can think of is change the sand to bark or woodchips. I know that would be a lot of work though and expensive. Bootsie would poop in the flower garden when we had her. I think it is just in there nature to want to poop in dirt or sand when there outside. Still sucks though. Anyway, cute photos of Violet. It sure was fun seeing you guys the other day. She really is quite the character.
I say trap them...the pound will give you a cat friendly cage and then just either take it to the neighbor when its trapped and say "nest time it is going to kitty jail" or take it straight to the pound. We had to do this at mom's house because one would come in the doggy door...Good luck and your little one is sooooo Beautiful!
Tanya
Post a Comment