Monday, May 12, 2008

The Tummy: 28 Weeks


That's right........my tummy shots have regressed to me just out of bed in my jammies.
But I'm not ashamed, I'm off today and Tim took this before going to work this morning.
I do regret putting my hind side in the sun, I should have put the belly out there to highlight it. Oh, well, next time.
So here is the due date situation:
My original due date is August 7th, which puts me at whatever the ticker says, I think not quite 28 weeks. When we had our last appointment we got the ultrasound report, and first and foremost baby is perfect, no abnormalities, no concerns, and ne revealing the gender.
The due date however was July 29th. The Dr. told us it was not enough to officially change the date, but that I could go with any date in that range. Well, I pick July 29th of course. I am grabbing that with both hands and sinking my teeth in. I fully acknowledge that in the end God and Baby know best, and I could potentially be pregnant clear through August 20th, but I'm holding fast that Baby will come befoer too much summer heat, as long as they are ready.
My "turkey timer" says it's almost time, but I know not to trust that.
So depending on which date you prefer I'm somewhere around 29 weeks....yikes....did time just speed up?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute belly Maryann! 28/29 weeks! Wow, time does fly. Milo always measured big on the ultrasounds later on, but fortunately we had had an early one to confirm my due date. I guess the later ones aren't as accurate. If you know for sure when your last period was and you were pretty regular, I would stick with your origional due date. Otherwise you could set yourself up for lots of anxiety close to the new due date wondering when he/she was going to come. Anyway, hope you and Tim are feeling much better, and I love your new bathroom. Talk to you soon.
Amber

Katie and Oresti said...

Very cute belly! And don't worry about hanging out in your jammies, whatever is comfortable I always say! Enjoy sleeping in now, you won't get that in a few months, and probably for many years to come. haha! I've become a (6am) morning person!
Can't wait to meet your little one!
love,
Katie