I know, it's cluttered, but this is about home improvement people, not my complete disregard of housekeeping and organization.
The good news is, this bath in our house is no longer this color. Our bedroom was this color as well at one point, but luckily we only know that from removing a door stop from the wall.( Which also revealed a knob-sized hole in the wall behind it, but now I know how to patch drywall)
Someone before our time had the presence of mind to paint it cream, likely because most normal people would flinch when beholding a room this shade of peachy, pinky, salmony, mildewy...blech
But I have alot of questions when I go into this room, such as.....
Is this electrical configuration "code"? Should we have an open receptacle with wires peeking out?
This will be the charge of Tim's fabulous cousin, Josh, who when not moonlighting as the family electrician, is on the CSFD. Calm yourselves, single ladies, I've been to the Firestation and most are married.
And, what is happening here?
This is what I look at when I'm in the tub. This is 25 year old tile, but mostly it's 25 year old water logged drywall. And that black crud is 25 minutes old, I swear it's on a breeding program.

How much longer until this just crumbles and lands in the tub?
And how fast can we replace the "vintage" faucet?
Is this electrical configuration "code"? Should we have an open receptacle with wires peeking out?
This will be the charge of Tim's fabulous cousin, Josh, who when not moonlighting as the family electrician, is on the CSFD. Calm yourselves, single ladies, I've been to the Firestation and most are married.
This is what I look at when I'm in the tub. This is 25 year old tile, but mostly it's 25 year old water logged drywall. And that black crud is 25 minutes old, I swear it's on a breeding program.
How much longer until this just crumbles and lands in the tub?
And how fast can we replace the "vintage" faucet?
More water damage anyone?
This is the view from the toilet, very pretty.
So am I crazy? Well, at nearly 6 months pregnant I am SERIOUSLY thinking about re-doing this bathroom. After all, it will be where Baby has bathtime(as well as me)
As you may recall, Tim got his new bathroom last summer(6' 10" showerhead, anyone?)
Not that he won't share, but he doesn't have a tub, and if it weren't for my bubble baths, the world would seem a much more daunting place.
So I'll keep you posted, and I'm sure my brother Jeff is greatly looking forward to another project at the House of Improvement, or as he may think of it, My Sister's House of Daunting Requests and Incessant Nagging, But at Least She Cooks for Me.
Or something along those lines.



1 comment:
yep, I think it's time my dear. Can't wait to see the after!
Sarah
p.s. I'm going to take a wild guess that you're having a girl. Don't ask me where I pulled that from, it's just a guess. I'm usually wrong, just so you know:)
Post a Comment