Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Melancholy

Someone rescue our dogs........
These 2 little loves have always been perceptive. Very keenly aware of changes, moods and meal times. Over the last week or so they have really started to show signs of melancholy.
Part of it, I'm sure, is that I'm not working anymore. That means that there are not people coming by throughout the day. Just boring old me, and all I do is little chores around the house.
It is also way too hot for us to walk outside, or for them to go in the car to run errands.
So someone take pity on them.
It's a rough life over here, and I'm pretty sure they know that something huge and life altering is right around the corner.
They sense it every time they both try to climb in my lap and can't fit.
They just stare at the belly with curious disdain.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

A moment of silence for your oldest children... Poor little pooches, just remind them that fall walks with baby around the block are just around the corner!