After I got her dressed and calmed down(thanks to some Tootsie Rolls) we headed for the gazebo.
I was thinking it was going quite well.
She loves animals. Had I popcorn or crackers or anything I would have bribed that little pipsqueak clear to the gazebo. But, alas, he skittered back off into the rocks.

But she was keeping it together.....for a bit.
Notice the smile on my face. I was sure we would make it.
Silly Momma.

Then she spotted the photographer and the people. That was the beginning of the end my friends.
I tried to get her to keep walking.
That failed fast.

So I scooped her up and started murmuring to her.
"It's alright. We just have to get over there to Daddy. See Daddy?"
"If I don't smile, I too will burst into tears."

"Daddy! Save me! Momma made me put on this dress and now I'm a hostage!"
But she was keeping it together.....for a bit.
Notice the smile on my face. I was sure we would make it.
Silly Momma.
Then she spotted the photographer and the people. That was the beginning of the end my friends.
I tried to get her to keep walking.
That failed fast.
So I scooped her up and started murmuring to her.
"It's alright. We just have to get over there to Daddy. See Daddy?"
"Daddy! Save me! Momma made me put on this dress and now I'm a hostage!"
I still foolishly thought she might settle down before Kimmy made her big appearance.
It never did work, and for whatever reason I waited until after my sister got there to hand Violet off to her Daddy. The upshot is Tim was able to photograph my sister's approach to the alter. Violet did calm down.......after they were wed.
No one seemed to notice though. My sister was all smiles and all else went off without a hitch.
I know that my sister and all other involved parties had no expectations of Violet(or me for that matter) but as the sister of the bride and the Mom of the flower girl, let me just tell you I was a wreck. A good kind of wreck, but none the less.....
At the end of the day though we were all smiling and my sister got the big prize. Josh.



No comments:
Post a Comment